Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Classic Southern Slaw
By Deen Brothers
- One 3-pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups prepared barbecue sauce Classic Southern Slaw recipe follows
- Bread-and-butter pickles
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- One 14- to 16-ounce package prepared slaw mix
Using your hands or a fork, shred the meat from the chicken, discarding the skin. You should have about 2 Â½ cups. In a large bowl, stir together the chicken and barbecue sauce. Sandwich the chicken mixture, slaw, and pickles between each split roll and serve.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, celery seed, salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Place the slaw mix in a large bowl. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the slaw and toss well. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. The slaw will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.