Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Sandwich
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 2 cups divided mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons divided dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons divided hot pepper sauce
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped and divided fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 divided, zested and juiced lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon plus more to taste salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus more to taste pepper
- 1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup for dusting all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup for sauteing peanut oil
- 6 thin slices cooked until crispy pancetta
- 6 focaccia rolls
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon large capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 8 roma tomatoes
- olive oil
Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, egg, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce in a large bowl and using a whisk, mix well. Add green onions, dill, 1 tablespoon parsley, breadcrumbs, diced red pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix all ingredients well.
Gently fold in crabmeat and mix gently trying not to break up the crabmeat. Carefully divide mixture into 6 patties and dust with flour. Place patties into saucepan with peanut oil. Sauté on medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes and carefully turn and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on the other side.
Top each crab cake with a piece of crispy pancetta and serve on a focaccia roll with Roasted Tomato Remoulade Sauce.
Roasted Tomato Remoulade Sauce:
Whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sweet pickle relish, capers, 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, chives, 1 tablespoon Italian parsley and the zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon and refrigerate or serve immediately.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes:
Preheat oven to 200 °F.
Take fresh Roma tomatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Place tomatoes cut side up on sheet tray. Drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven for 8 hours or overnight.