Engagement Ring (Bling) Finger Sandwiches
By Paula Deen
- 2 tablespoons chopped for garnish, optional fresh parsley
- 1 loaf soft crusts removed wheat bread
- 1 loaf soft crusts removed white bread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped plus 2 tablespoons for garnish pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely minced green olives
- 1/2 cup drained and patted dry crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (8 oz) packages softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons in pieces, for garnish (optional) bacon
- 2 tablespoons for garnish, optional poppy seeds
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Split into 4 approximately 4 oz portions, and put into separate bowls.
Combine pineapple and 4-ounces cream cheese mixture and set aside. Combine green olives and 4 oz cream cheese mixture and set aside. Combine cucumbers and 4 oz cream cheese mixture and set aside. Combine pecans and 4 oz cream cheese mixture and set aside.
To assemble sandwiches, spread the fillings on top of white bread slices and cover with wheat bread slices.
Cut each sandwich into triangles, squares or circles. Arrange on a large platter by sandwich filling.
Garnish with parsley, bacon pieces, poppy seeds or pecans.
In gold ink, write each sandwich filling on a small card, attach it to a toothpick and place it in the center of each pile of sandwiches, identifying the filling.