Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup for cobbler 1/4 cup sugar for topping sugar
- 2 3/4 cups divided baking mix
- 2 (16 oz) cans or in fruit juice sliced peaches in heavy or light syrup
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon; store in an empty spice shaker jar; shake well before each use) cinnamon sugar
Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Drain 1 can of the peaches. Combine both cans of peaches, including the juice from the undrained can, the blueberries (if using), 1/2 cup baking mix, 1/3 cup sugar and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place this mixture into the Dutch oven.
To make the topping: Combine 2 1/4 cups baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, butter and milk in a resealable plastic bag. Drop bits of dough, using your fingers, on top of the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Place the Dutch oven into the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crusty.